19 October 2004

Posted by karinska On Tuesday, October 19, 2004
A friend once told me that I’m such a commitment-phobe. I respect that because somehow I think it’s true. Who wouldn’t be? ‘Cmon! I’ve seen and heard it all!
Nevertheless, there’s still this little part of me that can look at things and relationships positively. Because there are still those who can remain true to their partners. There are still those who can shoo away temptations. Hands down to those who have the guts to be honest to their partners at times that things just aren’t the way they used to be before. Kudos to those who give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot loose.

So no matter how heart-wrenching your experience was, look up and move on. There are so much good things to see and experience. Just like what Roland Barthes said “Behind the difficulties, the discomforts, doubts, despairs, one should continue to love. I know, I know, but all the same, I love”

The problem with us is that we rely so much on ourselves. We make decisions that only lead us in a circular path. It doesn’t change a thing. It doesn’t heal a broken soul. We forget that it doesn’t take so much effort to start moving on. It’s just one prayer away. And if you think you’re in drought for love, God will give you so much that you’ll drown in it. Then one day you’ll wake up and it wouldn’t hurt anymore.

--------------------
This article goes out …

to my bestfriend Kehl who never fails to make me look at things in a positive light
to mikey who’s one of the most faithful guys I’ve met and for being the best fiancĂ© to my friend basy
to basy who taught me to love myself
to kiko who labs me hehehe one of the sweetest guys I know
to Philip B (I changed your nick for now lang hehehe) to whom I’ve witnessed what it takes to be selfless in a relationship and one of the few guys I know who bravely shoos temptation :) bow ako sa iyo… sobra.
to popo and skider for helping me keep my faith and for always believing that I can survive.
to chinito and arkaell who has reached out in their own ways
to vaninay who showed me a lot
to sheena that she may learn from what she’s going through
to jane r who has always been a sister
to everybody who pulled me up when i was down
to my my bro josh who made me realize that there are things you shouldn’t ignore and that crying says a lot.
Lastly, to my parents who showed me what love is.

1 comment:

  1. i'm sure you drowned in love. sa dami ba naman ng nagmamahal sa iyo pag hindi ka pa nalunod :D

    thank you for the advice and for always willing to listen.
    sheena

    ReplyDelete

Comment using Open ID if your account is with any of the following: Yahoo, Hyves, Flickr, Orange, Mixi, Myspace and AOL