18 October 2004

Posted by karinska On Monday, October 18, 2004
Last weekend, a guy friend told me that his romantic partner discovered his acts of… deviousness. He shared to me how their argument went and then later told me that he thinks his partner is over reacting about the whole thing. So he went on explaining his points (which I don’t think there are any), his rights (what?!), blah, blah, blah. I couldn’t believe I bore listening to everything he said when it sounded all so baloney.

“Why don’t you just leave your partner?”, I asked.
“What?! Miss Cha, I love her”, he replied.

Argh! I nearly vomited.

“Men always say that”, I murmured
“I love her… pero…", he hanged his words.
“Pero… you like another girl. If you really love you partner, why can’t you give up the reason of this chaos? Get real. It wouldn’t hurt that much. If you can’t give that thing up, let go of your partner. Love is too precious to just be used in such a scenario. You can’t have both because that’s unfair on your partner’s end and garapal ang tawag dun. Give her a chance to be happy. Who knows, she might soon realize she’ll be better off without you ”, I explained.

Yesterday morning, he talked to me again and said, “Cha, you’re right. I realized I don’t love her na”

Goodness. I can’t believe I’m hearing that line again. A number of people who shared their love problems with me ended up delivering that line. Let me think… two married men, 3 guy friends, 2 girl friends. Until now, it still makes me wonder why I get to hear and see these kinds of situations. At some point, I got immune already. Like if someone shares to me that he/she has another guy/girl aside from their partners, I don’t think I could still manage to give them a violent reaction. It almost sounds kind a cliché! Like it’s some kind of trend.

Hmm…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using Open ID if your account is with any of the following: Yahoo, Hyves, Flickr, Orange, Mixi, Myspace and AOL