13 October 2004

Posted by karinska On Wednesday, October 13, 2004
Last week while having dinner somewhere in Makati, I saw my friend Sheena’s boyfriend with three guys and two girls. One of the girls seemed too close to the guy. “Hmmm… maybe they’re just close”, I thought. But on second thought, the way she laughs, moves, talks and looks at the guy is terribly fishy. I then texted Sheena to ask how she was and asked “Aren’t you with….? La ba kayong date?. She said they don’t have any. “We didn’t go out. Pero hinatid niya ko pauwi. Kakatext nga lang niya. Nasa house na raw siya ngayon. Ngayon lang siya nakarating. Traffic siguro” After receiving her reply, I looked at her boyfriend who at that time is sort of nakaakbay with the girl as one of their friends took a picture of them using a phone. I thought, was he really that sweet? It made me raise one of my eyebrow and told myself that this guy won’t even have a chance of snowball in hell.

Nothing good has happened for more than a year. Sheena’s relationship with her boyfriend has gotten worse each day. There’s more to what I’ve seen last week. There were more lies and more pretensions. Although it’s inevitable, it’s one of those scenarios I don’t want to witness.

And so the other night, as I hugged my friend as she painfully cried telling me that one of our friends told her what they’ve witnessed for the past months, a question kept running in my head… Why does a wonderful girl like her have to go through this difficulty?

After she calmed down, she looked at me with a wounded look in her eyes and asked “What have I done?” Her question really sounded weird to me. It sounded so familiar.

She asked me questions which I surprisingly couldn’t answer. Not that I don’t want to, but I just don’t know what to say or if I should even say them.

It really hurts to be betrayed. It hurts to be lied to. It hurts to learn that you were asked to believe things which are not true. It’s a stab on the back when the people you trust and say they care actually keep on doing things they know would hurt you.

I have a girl friend who admitted she had some sort of romantic thingie with another guy before. She said she loves her boyfriend but she also likes the guy to the point that she managed to lie to her boyfriend every time she meets up with this guy.

It shocked me. She was blessed with a wonderful, good-looking, faithful boyfriend that’s why I did not expect her to do what she did. But thank goodness, things didn’t work out between her and the guy. Funny thing is, it was the guy who had more of that guilt feeling than her.

The question that keeps running in my head at times like these is why can’t they just leave their partners? So easy for them to lie and keep these things, why would it be any difficult to leave their partners? I therefore conclude that they want all. They want everything. They want to make sure that they would always be in a win-win situation. Totally….. B! Does it boost their egos? “Oh! My girlfriend/boyfriend is jealous…” How big has their head grown? Enough to continually do their thing?

Partners like them are part of the numerous people who find it hard to spell the word “faithful” and who think that fidelity is an inhuman requirement. And of course, you don’t need to have a romantic relationship with the opposite sex just for your action to be considered treacherous.

I’ve heard somebody say that there’s this joke which speaks that if you’re a couple of meters away from your loved being, you’re considered single. It was supposed to be a joke but then most people take that seriously. It was just recently that a friend told me that there even was a saying that for as long as you’re out of sight from your partner, you’re considered single. I was like, “Wow! I should have known that before! You know, maybe I could have been happier!” Yeah…. Maybe if I learned about it before, I could have forgotten all about those unwritten rules if you’re romantically attached to somebody. Maybe if I were aware of that before, I wouldn’t have ended up suffering from eating disorder, drastic days, self-esteem depreciation, loss of focus, commitment phobia, etc.

But then, maybe even if I’ve known that before, I still wouldn’t do such foolishness. It’s just not me.

--------------------
Sheena, it hurts to see you like that. I don’t know what else to do to help you further. I just pray that you find the strength to survive all these. If I were you, I’ll write this down and place it at the SFJTD (Something for Jesus To Do) box. And remember, you don’t have to push that hard. You don’t have to move the mountain ‘coz you can’t. Only God can. Take a rest my friend

2 comments:

  1. ang taray ng article. mukhang marami ka pang gustong sabihin charing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss ka na nmamin. dinner tayo minsan. sobrang hectic ng sked mo. fully booked

    chin

    ReplyDelete

Comment using Open ID if your account is with any of the following: Yahoo, Hyves, Flickr, Orange, Mixi, Myspace and AOL