26 January 2009

Posted by karinska On Monday, January 26, 2009
I love Facebook.

Last week, a name appeared on the "People you may know" area of my page. Putek! Am I just plainly lucky or what? Something happened a couple of weeks ago. You know how it is when something that frequently happens, suddenly stops happening.It wasn't a big deal but a question popped and made me think for like, a minute. Now I know the answer. Some people really never change...

**********

Last week, I went to Makati to check something and meet with a friend. While waiting, I decided to eat something at Pancake House. I ended up having soup and iced tea. Almost 15 minutes after I arrived, three guys entered the place. One of them caught my attention. He's kinda cute. Yuppy-cute. They sat on the table beside mine. They started chatting, talking about girls, parties and about this pretty girl on the other table whom I believed they know (typical guys). When their food arrived, the yuppy-cute guy said "This is so fu**ing good pare. You shoud try this". Then he went on and on talking about other great tasting food in a coñotic way which is terribly annoying. Nothing against being coñotic but he sounded like a coño girl! Super turn-off. I hope I could grab an apple which I could stuck in his mouth.

After they left (yes, i stayed longer since I was reading), I received a call from an anonymous number. When I answered it, the guy on the other line asked, "is this charlote?" and I answered yes. The line got quiet so I asked who he is and when he didn't reply I asked him where he got my number 'coz obviously, he's nothing important. Then he asked "pwedeng makipag-kaibigan?". I answered him by saying "I'm sorry but I don't engage myself in this kind of introduction"

He texted me after the call saying he just saw my name and contact number in the envelope of the photos I had developed at Kodak in Glorietta since he went there to have some invitations printed, blah...blah...blah.. (like I care). My goodness.

"Pwede bang makipag-kaibigan"? Huwat is that? This line is sooooo 90's. Maybe 80's or years way back. My point is, this is so freakin' old! And some people still uses this line? My gosh! Has he locked down himself in a cave? Obviously, since he's not a kid anymore, he didn't even have a sense of caution. What if I'm a serial killer?

It's like some sort of pathetic joke where the punchline would have caused you a real punch. Or if you get lucky, people would have just thrown oranges at you.

2 comments:

  1. "people would have thrown oranges..."

    "...grab an apple"

    hilig mo sa fruits ah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ano nakita mo sa facebook? text mo sa akin!

    ReplyDelete

Comment using Open ID if your account is with any of the following: Yahoo, Hyves, Flickr, Orange, Mixi, Myspace and AOL