09 July 2004

Posted by karinska On Friday, July 09, 2004
My friend’s band is a part of the second batch of a radio station’s band breakout. I was so ecstatic when I learned about it that since yesterday, I’ve been desperately trying to do every means of requesting the song to be played on air.

This afternoon, I called the station. And luckily, I got in. when I requested for it, the DJ remembered my voice (or probably my high pitched tone) and he was able to make some connections that I was his caller yesterday. Argh! Anyway, he said he’ll try to play it (typical line).

About 5 minutes later, I received a call from him (yes, they have a caller ID). I was like… “WHA… How…” He called just to ask how should the title of the song be pronounced. Nice…

Then he made a conversation about how I got to know the band…blah...blah…. After every couple of minutes he would excuse himself because he has to talk on air and he’ll get back to me when he plays a song. And so the conversation was extended…. We talked a little about the band, where I work, what I do, what’s my real name, where I live…huh?! Nah… it’s because he wonders why I wasn’t able to watch most of my friend’s gigs. That’s it (defensive). Oh! And he jokes pala! So syempers, I laughed (ang babaw kasi ng kaligayahan ko) then he said “you have a very cute laugh!” Gerk! So for almost 20 minutes (and haba pala!), we were chatting then he said, “hey, listen to the next song” wow! He played what I’ve requested! Yahoo! what’s so good about it was he even mentioned my friend’s name when he introduced the song! Publicity! DJ’s don’t do that to the other finalists. Hehehehe hmm… what more can I ask for?

Well, he then said “bye” because he wants me to hear the song on the radio :) how nice… and he said “you are pretty convincing you know…? Now I played it for you”… so ang galing ko pala ganun?

Gosh! Things I can do for my friends!!!!



--------------------
sis, grabe! grabe talaga!

4 comments:

  1. chachi bilib na talaga ako sa charm mo. ang dami mong nakuha nung nagbigay ng charm sa mundo. libre mo uli ako ng sandwich using your charm :D stay humble. iba ka talaga!

    maxime

    ReplyDelete
  2. sabi sayo eh, ikaw ang Modern Aphrodite.

    Oh. My. Goddess.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nag-iisip na ko kung san ko pwede gamitin ang charm mo. just kidding!
    >mikey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tsk, tsk, tsk! At kailan nga ba maituturing na kasalanan ang naturang kagandahan at aliw? kailan?

    Congrats sa banda a! More airtime for them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment using Open ID if your account is with any of the following: Yahoo, Hyves, Flickr, Orange, Mixi, Myspace and AOL