30 November 2010

Posted by karinska On Tuesday, November 30, 2010
JYP must be very happy at the recently concluded MAMA 2010. The new female group Miss A and this year's best male group, 2PM, bagged lots of awards. It's a good thing that 2NE1 is an amazing group winning lots of awards as well or else, I'd probably think MNET has no other groups to choose.

After Mnet's breach of contract which resulted to SM Entertainment's decision to stop doing business with them, the results of MAMA awards really seemed to be a little bit unacceptable in some categories where obviously an sment artist should have won.  Just like in the Best Male Group category. 2PM? You have got to be kidding me! Nothing against 2PM. I am a Nichkhun, Wooyoung and Junho fan. But it was so blatant that Super Junior deserved it more. Of course, they didn't get it possibly because they may not have passed most of the criteria. Which of course is the result of the "clash" between mnet and sment. This is really sad. I think mnet shouldn't even wonder why some people think that MAMA awards is "half real" because they don't really get to cover all k-pop groups/musicians. I was surprised to learn that BOA won the Best Female Singer Award (not shown on broadcast). BOA from sment! But then I saw the other nominees, Lee Hyori rocks but then BOA is BOA. Hurricane...Venus....

Did you guys wait for an sment artist to perform? Even if I knew it would be impossible, a part of me still hoped I get to see one of them on stage. But then it was like waiting for rain in a time of drought... useless and disappointing (Cinderella movie).

Now here are my reactions regarding the results:
DAESANG AWARD  (Grand Prize) 

Song of the year: Miss A - Bad Girl Good Girl = no comment
Album of the year: 2NE1 - To Anyone = I think they deserve the award. The album was awesome
Artist of the Year: 2NE1 = I would agree again but then I also think that SNSD has a fight for the title

SINGER CATEGORY

Best New Male Artist (not shown during broadcast):  CN Blue = who else should get it? Cmon! These guys are good!
Best New Female Artist: Miss A = deserving
Male Group Award: 2PM = Sorry. I have to say it should be Super Junior. Who does Super Shows in Asia?!
Female Group Award: 2NE1 = deserving
Male Singer Award: Taeyang = Go! Go! Go! BigBang!
Female Singer Award: BOA = deserving

GENRE CATEGORY
Best Dance Performance - Solo: Rain - "Love Song" = of course it was Rain. But Lee Hyori's "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" is also cool as well as Hyuna's "Change"
Best Dance Performance Male Group: 2PM - "I'll Be Back" = Now is this a joke or what? SHINee's Lucifer should have won this award! The guys from 2PM are great dancers but so are the guys from MBLAQ and BEAST. But for 2PM to win it for I'll Be Back is just... huwat???!!! For Suju's Bonamana, it was ok and the guys did nail it on the MV especially on the part when the "dance group" did the bridge part. (Was it the bridge?). Anyway, Eunhyuk killed it. He's a dancing machine.
Best Dance Performance Female Group: Miss A - "Bad Girl Good Girl" = too much stretching... 
Best Vocal Performance - Solo: Gummy - "Because You're A Man" = no comment
Best Vocal Performance -Group: 2AM - "Can't send You Even If I Die" = DESERVING!!! WOOT!
Best Band Performance: Hot Potato - "Confession" = I love CN Blue. Period.
Best Rap Performance: DJ DOC - "I'm This Kind of Person" = though I like Epik High, I think this year is for DJ DOC.
Best Collaboration (not shown during broadcast):  Ga-In/Jo Kwon – “We Fell In Love” - aww... the Adam couple
Best Digital Single: Park Bom – “You and I” = no comment


MUSIC VIDEO
Best Music Video: 2NE1 – “Can’t Nobody” = YEAH!!!
The Shilla Duty Free Asian Wave Award: 2PM = no comment

CREDIT: allkpop.com

********************
no offense if you have your own biases. These are just my opinions. Peace!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using Open ID if your account is with any of the following: Yahoo, Hyves, Flickr, Orange, Mixi, Myspace and AOL