27 July 2004

Posted by karinska On Tuesday, July 27, 2004
Since Sunday evening, after watching the basketball game between ADMU and UP, I couldn’t stop thinking what really happened with Larry Fonacier. Yesterday morning, I read in the newspaper that he might have a season-ending ACL or MCL. There isn’t any positive angle so I hoped it isn’t something detrimental. Not until I received some text messages from my concerned friends and after I read the newspaper that I felt so shattered about what had happened. I know it may sound weird to most of you (I, myself, even find it weird) but I felt so hurt when I learned that Larry won’t be playing for the rest of UAAP’s season 67 because he tore both his ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and MCL (medial collateral ligament). ACL is already worse, why add the MCL?! BJ Manalo and Magnum Membrere (Magnum had an ACL right? If I’m wrong, please be kind enough to tell me) had gone through some operations and therapies because of ACL. Why does Larry have to have both (stupid question. Spare me)? I just feel so much for him. This is his season! If I were in his shoes, I might have gone crazy (well you know what I mean)!!! It was just a very shocking news this morning. I told my parents about it. My father said I worry too much. My mother (with matching sad face) said “Kawawa naman siya. Sayang ang galing pa naman niya. Pero we can’t do anything about it. Pag-pray na lang natin siya” What??! Did she just say natin? Aww… isn’t my nanay so… nice? By the way, my tatay said tat if you feel sad, sorry or pity for somebody, there’s no use if you just feel the feeling. You should do something about it. So I was thinking, I’ll pray for Larry and…. would it be ok if I send him flowers or fruits? Ok! fine… I won’t…. I can already see some of your reactions wehehehe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using Open ID if your account is with any of the following: Yahoo, Hyves, Flickr, Orange, Mixi, Myspace and AOL